Community-led housing is a way to create more genuinely affordable and secure homes, allowing local people to create alternatives that are community focused and take power back from the hands of developers, letting agencies and a housing market that is out of control.
CHIBAH is working with Brighton & Hove Community-Land Trust (BHCLT) and Mutual Aid in Sussex (MAIS) on a new Community-Led Housing Programme, supported by Brighton & Hove City Council (BHCC).
There will be a free launch event at the Brighthelm Centre on Wednesday 21 February. Reserve your place here at Eventbrite.
At the FREE launch event there will be the opportunity to:
- Find out more about what community-led housing is and why it could be a good option for you.
- Hear about exciting examples of community-led housing right here in Brighton & Hove.
- Meet other people who want to start their own housing projects.
- Find out more about Housing Ourselves: grants of £1,000 up to £50,000 available to housing groups.
- Learn about how the Programme can connect people with experts, or how your expertise could be useful to a community-led housing group.
- Ask us questions, including advice on Housing Ourselves grant applications.
- Share your ideas for community-led housing in Brighton & Hove and what support you need to make them happen.
The event will take place on Wednesday 21 February, 5.30-9.00pm (Registration from 5:15pm) in the Auditorium, Brighthelm Centre, North Road, Brighton, East Sussex BN1 1YD. Food will be provided at the start of the event.
Find out more about the Community-Led Housing Programme, and what support is available here at the CLT website.